Sunday, January 13, 2013

Foggy Night In DC

It's been so mild here -- in the 40s and low 50s. I had told Mary that I was having trouble sleeping earlier in the week -- just couldn't get comfortable until I had the brilliant idea of opening a window. So when I opened my bedroom window about 1/2 inch, it was literally a (cool) breath of fresh air and I haven't closed it since. Today I opened my bedroom window more and had the door to the garden open a foot or so and didn't close the garden door until about 9 pm.

So here's a foggy night in DC town with Mary's description. I'm playing off "A foggy night in London town" which I believe is a song from the 30s or 40s, but I'm not sure.

This is from Mary's new screened in porch:

Mary writes: Looking out the front of the porch at night in the fog. The fog was supposed to lift this morning I thought, and it did, but it came back much heavier tonight.
  Now they say it will be here til 9 or so tomorrow morning, which will make rush hour fun.

No comments: