Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ladyparts I Didn't Know I Had

I'm just about finished (and have really enjoyed) this Ann Rule true crime book which is about eight different true stories. She uses an expression I've never heard before -- and this is bad, but it makes me laugh when I read it. She uses the expression vaginal vault. It makes me think of a little safety deposit box down there. ("Let me just tuck this away in my vaginal vault for safekeeping.")  So I checked it out on wikipedia and here's what it is: The vaginal vault is the expanded region of the vaginal canal at the internal end of the vagina.

A number of her stories are murders that took place in the 1970s which she wrote about back then and now for this new book she has updated and done "Whatever happened to...?" since a number of the murderers have been released. I still embrace the notion that if you kill someone, you're in jail for life, but no more. Anyway, it's odd that back in the 1970s, there was no DNA testing -- and all they could do was test for blood type to see if the blood type matched the victim or the perpetrator. What a boon DNA has been to crime solving.

No comments: