Thursday, February 28, 2013

Advice Taken

A business associate had called me asking for advice on a particular situation at his company. He was right in his assessment, but it was not his call to fix it. It's always a tough decision so I told him my line (which I stole from Dr. Laura --I heard her say this while listening to her radio show one day years ago.). Anyway, her line is "Is this the hill you want to die on?"

Of course, it references Custer -- and it makes you ask yourself, "Is it worth giving it all for this particular situation?" And, from time to time on rare occasions, the answer is yes, but most of the time the answer is no.

Anyway, today I got an email from him about the resolution of the situation and he added:

ps. I didn’t die on the hill.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think you missed your calling! "Dear Patty".....