Sunday, February 17, 2013

What I'm Reading

Finished Habits of the House this afternoon -- it was really a quick read, and I learned that this is frist of a trilogy so I'll have to keep my eyes out for the next one. I would definitely get the next one.



So now I'm reading a book I just got from the History Book Club which is a biography of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I haven't started reading -- just paged through and examined the photos. Remember the scene in the movie when they rob the train and use too much dynamite because the bank employee won't open the train car door? Well, that happened in real life and there's a photograph of the train car blown to bits. They got $50,000 from that train robbery -- an amazing amount of money for then.

There's also a photo of Etta Place -- now I can't remember the name of the actress who played her in the movie, but there's a photo of her and Sundance which was taken in New York City. It will be interesting to see how close to actual events the movie is.

No comments: