Friday, April 26, 2013

Are you ready to order?

A friend mentioned to me this week that she had been to Oshkosh, ate at Schreiner's and had the walnut pie which she said was to die for. We haven't picked our virtural pies in a while so here goes:

But first today's entrees:

SALMON PATTIES Topped with Creamed Peas
(Will Mary pick the salmon? My mother used to make creamed peas all the time -- haven't eaten them in years.)
BATTER-FRIED LAKE PERCH
STUFFED PORK CHOP 
(I think I'd pick this)
DEEP FRIED CHICKEN
SWEDISH MEATBALLS on Noodles
(I've never had the real thing -- just the Stouffer's entree)
MACARONI AND CHEESE
Lightly Hand-Breaded HADDOCK FILLETS
 
After 4:30 POORMAN'S LOBSTER

I've only seen "Poorman's Lobster" in Wisconsin. It's actually halibut which supposedly tastes just like lobster, but I think I'll stick with the real thing.

And now for the pies:

BLUEBERRY CRANBERRY PIE
  -->sounds summery and refreshing -- vanilla ice cream and a great cup of coffee are a must with this one.
LEMON MERINGUE PIE
CUSTARD PIE
   -->I'd like more info on this one. My all-time {ok, ONE of my all-time favorites} is coconut custard pie, but I haven't had that in years. I remember Stancie made me one once when I was visiting. DUTCH APPLE PIE
  -->Only if I can have vanilla ice cream with this one.
HOT MINCE PIE with Rum Sauce
  -->This is the only one I'd say no too. I don't like mince and I don't like rum sauce.
PUMPKIN PIE with Whipped Cream
  -->can't go wrong with this one
WALNUT PIE

Tough decision, but I think I'd go with the stuffed pork chops and the blueberry/cranberry pie. Iced tea with the meal. Black coffee with dessert.

And you?

3 comments:

Mary Mc said...

The salmon patties might be good but I think I'd ho for the haddock. Since I often put lemon on my fish, I'll go with the lemon meringue pie. Will it be waiting for me when I get home?

Drooling Fran said...

Hmmmmm I'd like to order the pork chops and Swedish meatballs and a fish dish, probably haddock. Then please pass the blueberry/cranberry pie (with two scoops of ice cream) and a lemon meringue pie and custard pie to go. Schreiners is the best. Yummy yummy.

Melissa said...

I'll have the salmon patties (yum) and the walnut pie! Iced tea will be fine, latte with my pie please:).