Friday, April 5, 2013

Food Jealousy

Fran sent me this today, and I am green with envy:

C'mon down. Had lunch with my colleague Carlos at Luke's Lobster today ---- hmmm hmmmm good. Cold version, on frankfurther roll toasted and buttery. O my.  See menu at  http://lukeslobster.com (Today we visited the Penn Quarter location; Luke's is also has locations in Bethesda and Georgetown).

I have to say that a good lobster roll is definitely in my top 10 of favorites, maybe even in my top 5, but it's a crowded field!

Looking at the photos, I am reminded that there are two types -- one is more a lobster salad (a la tuna salad) and one is just plain lobster meat. I think I prefer the lobster salad type because I like the crunchiness of the celery.

Here are the two types:
Here's the lobster meat one. Next time I need to transport myself mentally, I'll think of sitting on a deck of some divebar lobster roll place, on the ocean, seagulls flying around, ocean smell, with good friends, no work, perfect weather chomping on the perfecct lobster roll.


Note the wonderful buttered toasty bun. The key is that the bun is warm and the salad is cold.
 

3 comments:

Mary Mc said...

I definitely like plain lobster better, drowning in butter, but the only place I've had it is New England. If I can get it that way at Fran's place I'll be in heaven....

Pat said...

I have to laugh because for such close friends, Mary and I often have opposite reactions. Coffee (me, light and tasty; her, thick mudwater); most tv shows, most movies, she's the salmon queen; I hate it. So of course we're going to like opposite lobster rolls.

Melissa said...

I'll take either on....I love 'em and they've never heard of them in Texas! But we have fish tacos :).