Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I hate spam!

Just fell for a spam (with no negative repercussions other than my own disposition.)

I belong to Linked In, but don't use it. I reply to all invitations to connect. If I know them (with a few exceptions), I'll say yes. If they are somehow aviation related and I don't know them, I'll still say yes.

I opened an email and the heading was Linked In and it said that a name I didn't recognize has sent me a direct message. So I clicked it on, and it was an ad for Canadian pharmaceuticals.

I was about to complain to Linked In while wondering why I would accept an invitation from a Canadian pharmacy. Then I noticed that it was just a paste up version of a Linked In email -- the return address was totally different. In fact, it had "Keurig-cust" in the address so I wonder if Keurig got their customer list hacked.

What irritates me is that I clicked it on and that's what these people rely on -- that you're in a hurry, you see it's Linked In, as I did, and click it on.

At the risk of sounding like the girl shown below, I really don't get how you can do this for a living -- make up ways to fool and defraud people-- and be proud of yourself. Really.

Just call me:



1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm with ya sister... I am most vulnerable when in a hurry! And it's soooo irritating'!