Friday, April 12, 2013

Yippee! I'm Home!

Oh man, it's good to be home. One funny thing that happened that I didn't mention is that Amy and I both made our hotel reservations late, both made them from different travel websites and we ended up at the same hotel which we thought was interesting until we later found out that we were across the hall from each other -- I was in 142 and she was in 141. Of course, if we tried to do that, it never would have worked. I can just hear the front desk saying that they can't guarantee rooms in a certain location.

I must have used up all my luck with my luck of the Irish return trip from Nashville. This was not a smooth trip. It began with the rental car woman finding a small dent, and I do mean small. She was tsk-tsking me asking me what happened and I said I had no idea. She gave me this form to fill out and I am glad it occurred to me to take a photo.
Here's the dent and the brown streak is just dirt. I have no idea how this happened. Of course I have insurance. In the "report" I simply stated that it's small, it may have been there the whole time and that no incident occurred. So we'll see what happens.

I called a client from the gate area and he was taking off from Orlando. I left him a voice mail and said that my flight was on time, good bye, etc. Two seconds after I hung up, they announced the flight was late and the women sitting next to me blamed me for jinxing it as they heard me say the flight was on time. I said I would take full responsibility for jinxing it.

And so I sat in Gate E69 at Tampa. Here's the view from my seat.
 
While the flight was delayed a second time. We finally boarded about 90 minutes late, but then it took another 30 minutes to take off. The weather in NY screwed up the whole system I think.
 

All was not bad, however, since I did automatically get a Crown Victoria cab home from LGA and here he is leaving me...

...after having carried my suitcase to the top step. Home again!

By now it was about 7:30, I was starving so I called Gracie's -- here are the sides -- mashed potatoes and carrots (and some soup that came with it) which is the perfect accompaniment for....

Meat Loaf! with mushrooms and gravy. Yum.

...And some really fresh challah breead. So this dinner was a great way to celebrate being home.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Welcome home! Everything is relative! Maybe you were spoiled by that 'lucky trip' ... a 90 minute delay is bad, but you've had much worse! At least you had a great dinner!!