Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Lunch With Barbara

It was back to Jackson Hole for scrambled eggs. Well, Barbara changed to spinach and feta omelette and I kept the same. Luckily the rain held off since we both had windbreakers and umbrellas and it turned into a beautiful day until about 4pm where it got dark and started pouring again. We had a great lunch, great conversation as always, and then since Barbara was headed up to Connecticut she came with me in my cab to 86th and Lex to take the subway directly to Grand Central.

It speaks to our long-term relationship (and why we get along) that we both had a plan, based on various conditions, unbeknownst to the other, as to who should get in the cab first and why. What's funny is we did it Barbara's way, since my dyslexia reared its head and I miscalculated what side of the cab Barbara would be on when we got to 86th Street. I'm still sort of scratching my poor addled dyslexic brain over that one.

But on with the show:

The cab let me out about 1/2 block away, and I passed this place which doesn't seem like a fun place for my little doggie, if I had one. Seems way too serious. Really? A "training behavioral management center"? Can't we just jump around and hump eacch other's legs?

This is the place across the street called "Good Enough to Eat" where people were standing on line to get in. I am not someone who would do that, not unless it was the only place open. Don't wait on line for movies either.

I call this one "Waiting for Barbara." Usually one of us gets there early so we can secure the table we want (with unblocked view of the street.)
I saw this car on the way home -- I don't know what model it is but it is TINY. I expected a dozen clowns to start piling out.

More subway mess a block from where I live.

Still more subway mess.


No comments: