Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gratitude

Two things (at least) that I never get tired of being gratefu for. One is having an in-house washer and dryer. I know I've said before you can't appreciate a washer/dryer until you done your time in the laundromat, but for years now I have not put a load of wash in without being grateful for my washing machine. I think of it in hot weather, cold weather, week nights, weekends. I have memories of slogging to the laundromat the night before I was leaving for a trip. So thank you, Universe, for my washer and dryer.

The other thing I have never, ever taken for granted is that wonderful feeling when my cleaning woman has left and my apartment has that freshly scrubbed soapy smell. Love it. Love it. Love it. I remain grateful that I can hire someone to do it.

Tomorrow is my turn for a clean apartment (and a mani-pedi-waxing), but today was Mary's turn. Her cleaningn woman, Eneida, is quite the florist, always from Mary's yard. To wit:


First, here's the little flower on the window sill in Mary's living room.
Here's the main bouquet on Mary's dining room table with a doily I bet belonged to her mother.


2 comments:

Mary Mc said...

It's funny you say that about the doily - I have several of my mother's and grandmother's, but this was actually a gift from Eneida, my cleaning woman (for whom I am very grateful also).

Melissa said...

Ditto on the washer/dryer and cleaning ladies!