Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Two Purchases

The older I get, the more persnickety I get about what I like and don't like. For warm-weather nightgowns, I am getting away from the cotton ones and into the t-shirt material ones. Or maybe I just need to feel more cuddled these days.

Since my knit nightgowns have been worn and washed 1000 times, I bought one new one -- and here it is -- I also like them below my knee, with short sleeves.

I also like the new trend in casual (budget-conscious) clothes to have no label and have it printed right on the fabric. No twisty, scratchy, hanging out labels.
 
 And then I bought something I haven't bought in months -- fresh flowers. Peonies are my favorite flower, and it's the short peonie season now. I used to always have fresh flowers so I spent $20 to feed my need for peonies. I just love them. I also think, on some spiritual level, that we need to spend money on things like flowers and not be cheap with ourselves all the time. So here's my gorgeous flowers -- can't really call it an arrangement:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love peonies, tey smell so great....Stephanie

Melissa said...

Love the peonies and the nighty! I used to have beautiful peonies in my yard in Kansas and I think their aroma is one of the best for filling a room! It's too hot in Texas for them.