Friday, June 21, 2013

Tom, My Alaska Correspondent, Reports In With FOOD!

I had asked Tom (Michelle's husband, Meredith's Dad, David's father in law, Mary's and my friend, for those who are keeping score) to send some Alaska food pictures so here goes with Group I.

49th State Brew Pub

Elk Burger

Elk Lasagna

Elk Meat Loaf

I'd want to hear from Tom about what the Elk tasted like, but here's what he said:

I'm old, the entire group is old... we ( for the most part) forgot to take pictures until we were well into the eating part... oh well ya get what ya pay for.

dishes from a brew pub in Healy, not far from Denali National Park

Overall food was expensive with large portions...  not a lot of vegies... lots of fish including your favorite - salmon.  I had great salmon and chips in Dawson, YT - Anita the halibut and Michelle cod...  great seafood stews almost every where but you need to like salmon (smoked and regular)
 
Me again: So Mary can move to Alaska for retirement and eat salmon breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I'll stick with meat and shellfish.
 
MORE FOOD from Alaska -- Thai Food, Alaska-style -- with Tom's comment in the caption. Michelle is the one sitting under the woman's picture.
 
 
Sesame chicken, stuffed chicken and pad thai
 

No comments: