Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tonight's Plans

 
Backward, turn backward, O Time, in your flight,
Make me a child again just for tonight!
 
Those lines are from one of those sentimental turn-of-the-lastcentury poems that I read for the first
time in high school.  It goes on when the poet wants to be rocked to sleep by her mother who will
take away all her cares.
 
When I was a young girl, my mother had this rule that you couldn't sleep on clean sheets without
bathing and putting on a clean nightgown. It had to be the whole package, and it's a habit I've kept over the years. 
 
Today Ana was here so I have clean sheets. I ordered a new nightgown which arrived today. Of course, I got a bargain -- it was $39 reduced to $29 then I had a 30% off coupon. I have to say it amazes me that there's still profit in there.
 
So now all I have to do is take a shower -- Hmmmm, it's a bit early. I guess I'll have dinner first before I get all sweetsmelling and don my new nightgown (which I love because it actually reaches my feet as opposed to most "long" gowns that hit me mid-calf) and climb in for a restful sleep.
 
 

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hmmm... I was JUST about to go to bed but the sheets are clean today, so I am going to take your advice and shower first! (PS: I loved Calling me Home!)