Saturday, June 1, 2013

Unrelated Thoughts


Found this picture of the phone that was in the kitchen growing up -- exact color and model. It was very modernistic at the time. The only difference is that our phone had the phone number printed on the white paper circle. Oh wow, I can't remember the number other than it began "WAlnut 2..."

 
Because my building is so old -- about 115 years old, there is a shortage of electric outlets. That's why I can't have a cordless phone since they have to be plugged in. I was thinking that a kitchen wallphone was this great new style -- when were they introduced? In the late 50s? Remember before that, many homes had this telephone table, sometimes with no chair even, because you just used the phone for specific things. Anyway, when I got my router, I had to put these "filters" on every phone jack that had a phone on it. That meant my kitchen wallphone, but now, of course, the wallphone can't be put back up. There's some sort of handy-dandy "adapter" readily available, so the brochure says at a Verizon store. But I'm thinking that a kitchen wallphone is so last century -- it's like a butter churn or something. With this "filter" you plug the filter into the jack, and then the phone cord into the filter.

 
One of my cheap luxuries is commercial ice. I love it. This week, I hadn't used up last week's bag but I got more. I hate ice cube trays. I love commercial ice. It just seems cleaner, melts slower and I can grab handfull after handfull. I love lots of ice in my drinks. The blue bag is 7 pounds. The lavendar bag is 5 pounds -- and it's just three to four dollars for a bag. Of course, my ultimate fantasy is to have an ice machine in the door, but with the size of my kitchen, that will not happen.
 
 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Has the exact same phone... But it was olive green :)... With the phone number in the center...diamond xxxxxxxx cant remember!

Barbara said...

Don't give up your last century wall phone if you don't want to! Personally I love that type phone. I have a special type filter to prevent interference from the DSL line, for the one wall phone I have that's just like this - the filter is just another square plate the same size as the phone, it goes in between the wall and the phone like a sandwich and works quite well. It's worth it to buy it!

Anonymous said...

It's truly very difficult in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, thus I just use world wide web for that reason, and get the newest information.

Look at my webpage - live roulette