Friday, July 26, 2013

Day One: NYC to Clarion, PA

First, here's where I am:


Next, here's how I got here:

It was overcast and cool this morning in NY. I had fought my worries over no car, not having a backup reservation (as was suggested to me), was told I would have to wait in line for a long time. Got there and I was the only one. Had found three coupons: one for a free rental day, and two for $25 off. I didn't care if they took them or not -- just presented them and the woman tried like all get out for her computer to accept these coupons. It took the one free rental day, but not the $25 ones. I said maybe you can only use one at a time so I'll try again.

Uneventful trip:

The worst traffic was getting out of NYC -- here I am trying to get across the George Washington Bridge (goes across the Hudson River from NY to NJ)

Made it across NJ to PA

I didn't eat here, but I appreciate the name of the place.


It was a beautiful day as you can see -- and high 70s, low 80s, sunny, mild. Listened to my book on CD, music, thought, downloaded my brain of useless info.

This doesn't do it justice. When I stopped to use a restroom, the sky was like a French blue. It was so blue and beautiful.

From the bed to the door. I like the shelf for the suitcase and open closet.

From the bed to the window... you can barely make out my brick wall view.

From the bed to the TV

This is dinner. I saw on the menu something called a Wedgie. That's pizza dough, but it was dry, like bread... and this is a BLT wedgie -- it was really good... shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped bacon, generous on the mayo. Really good. Love my wedgie.

This is dessert -- more pizza dough (Ok, so the place is called Pizza Pub so there's a theme going) with Cinnamon and frosting. This was called Cinnamon Toasties.

 


No comments: