Tuesday, July 9, 2013

First Annoyance of the Day

I made it until 11:30 today without getting annoyed. I ordered groceries, and the store just called with a question about substituting. My delivery time is 12 to 2 pm. I answered the question and then said to the woman, "When might I expect delivery?" -- thinking she would say something like "Well, now it's ready to go" or "We're not busy so it will be close to 12" or the opposite "We're really busy so..." but no, that would have provided information.

Instead she said mechanically, "Your delivery slot is 12 to 2 so it will come then."

Oh really? That's infomative. I hadn't realized when I chose 12 to 2 last night that meant that my delivery slot was 12 to 2. Is that how that works? I was thinking I'd rather her say "You know, I wish I could tell you, but I don't control that" or "I don't want to say and make any promises."

I've asked this question in the past with other non-grocery deliveries -- just sort of curious am I in the front of the line or near the back? And gotten the same sing-song answer.

No comments: