Saturday, July 13, 2013

Home Remedy: Mosquito Bite

I just bought some mosquito bite medicine in advance to my trip to Oshkosh. One year I was bitten up and was driven nearly mad during the night with itching. So now I arrive prepared.

But this morning I watched a video on how to stop itching from a mosquite bite with a spoon.

Ok, so you take a spoon and run it under hot water until the spoon is hot. Then you put it against the bite and hold it there for a few minutes. Supposedly the heat draws out the stuff that makes you itch. Could be worth a try.

2 comments:

Mary Mc said...

Try it and let us know if it works

Melissa said...

Prevention is kay! I found this really good repellant... It's for kids so it doesn't stink or burn (no deet), all natural. At Target... California Baby Bug Repellent! But Wisconsin has some f the biggest mosquitoes I've ever ever seen! It's the one thing that ain't bigger in Texas :). Let me know how the spoon remedy works!