Sunday, July 14, 2013

TV Habits

Totally anecdotal, I notice that people are watching TV in different ways -- whether DVR'ing something for later or watching via Netflix. I really can see why.

I started watching The Good Wife via Netflix. I don't know what season it's in (the third?) but I saw the very first episode and loved it, but then missed two or something and then felt I couldn't catch up. I realize I have a need to know EXACTLY what's going on -- why did the camera show that old guy sneering at her? -- it makes me nuts when I don't know the back story.

So I watched the first four episodes yesterday and loved it. Such interesting shows and characters and character development. Plus, I love, love, love that there are no commercials. I'll definitely keep watching.

If you're not familiar with this show, her husband is a disgraced politician and she stands by her man for the press conference. Then backstage, she slaps him in the face and walks away. He goes to prison. She has to restart her life as a lawyer who hasn't worked in years and her two teenage kids are upset their lives have been upended. But he still thinks the family will live happily ever after when he gets out of prison.

 
 
Just went to Netflix to check my queue and there are already four seasons available to view and so it will be the fifth season that starts in September. Here's Netflix more compact description:
Julianna Margulies stars as attorney Alicia Florrick, who finds herself forced to return to work after a corruption scandal lands her politician husband in prison. Though Alicia stood by him, she has a host of reasons to question their marriage.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite shows. I have seen all from the beginning. Another great show is White Collar. Have you ever watched that?

Stephanie