Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy End to the Week

Yesterday I surrendered to my computer problem, admitted I was powerless and ordered a new laptop from Best Buy. I picked it up today. I will take my other new computer to a shop some time soon to have it fixed. I'm on the new one now, up and running, and will spend most of the weekend doing the work I couldn't do this week. Wah-Wah.

I had an interesting "ghost of future Pat" today. I first went to Citibank to a branch on 86th Street that used to be a regular, normal bank with tellers. Now it's all just ATMs. I was a bit amazed by the technology myself as I was depositing four checks and you just shove them in the ATM, in a pile, all at once. No deposit slip necessary. It used to be you did the checks one at a time, but no more.

All of a sudden I hear "OH NO!!!" and I turn and there is an old lady in a walker and she says to the Citibank/security guy/rep, "You mean I can't cash a check here?"

And I thought, "Cash a check? When is the last time I did that?"

I could picture her complaining to her friends, "cluck, cluck, can you imagine I couldn't cash a check in a bank??" Technology has passed her by.

I am trying my best to NOT let technology pass me by. Hey, I'm doin' Windows 8... isn't that enough?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be that little old lady in the walker. I cash checks at my bank when I need cash. I do pay bills online though and I used to transfer money online to my account when the 2 men here get their checks. Now, I can no longer transfer funds as my computer won't let me. I can do it from the banks computer and my friend's smart phone and probably everyone else's computers or phones except my computer. I do not have a smart phonr. I just have the stupid version, a flip phone. I do not understand how to use those gadgets. The bank says it is my computer...something wrong with it....but all my friends here, and one is a computer expert who worked on my computer for 8 hours claims that it is the banks fault. They say that there is either a block on my computer or something happened so my computer doesn't recognize that feature. Until 3 weeks ago, it worked. I now have to go to the bank to cash checks and transfer funds at check time. Yes my friend, I AM that old lady in a walker and probably soon to be in a wheelchair!

Stephanie

Barbara said...

I think the manufacturers really do have a devious plan that makes our computers stop working so that we have to buy new ones.