Saturday, August 3, 2013

In Ohio, Heading East

A very strange thing happened this morning. I had checked out of the hotel, signed up for next year and then decided to get gas as the first order of business. I pulled into a gas station, got out, did the credit card thing -- then I opened the fuel door to unscrew the fuel port. There was a five-dollar bill inside the fuel door. Meaning when I opened the little door, there was a five-dollar bill there.

I know that I didn't put it there. Why would I? All I can think of is someone saw the money on the ground near my car and assumed it was mine and was trying to return it?? If I saw a five-dollar bill in a parking lot, I woud NOT assume it belonged to the nearest car. Oh well. I started the day five dollars richer.

This is a place attached to a convenience store where I stopped to use the restroom. I have a fascination with people who use quotes wrong, as in this sign.

So I was in a bunch of states today -- Wisconsin, Illinois, here I'm entering Indiana and now I'm in Ohio.

Beautiful day today, driving through Indiana.

Not much of a view at this Red Roof Inn.



King size bed. That little card on the left on the pillow says you have three choices for housekeeping: No service, full service or just make the bed, clean towels and empty the trash. They couch this redution in service as "going green." So not vacuuming helps the environment. I remember (as I stroke my beard and light my pipe) when a hotel room was really cleaned, new sheets every day, vacuuming, the works. I don't think my sheets were changed all week in Fond du Lac and not mucch more was done than make the bed, empty the trash (although they kept not taking a paper cup that had had soda in it) on the nightstand.

Great TV, but very few channels.

So tomorrow it's to eastern PA and then home on Monday morning.

No comments: