Thursday, September 5, 2013

Apple Uglies for Breakfast

Mary and Michelle were true to their word, and got up and drove 40 minutes to the bakery... and here it is:

 
Just noticed that the sign says "ugies," not "uglies"
 -- so I don't know which is right.

 

Brought home and sliced  -- the cakey part was doughy and wonderful and there is fresh apples in it, cinamon on top, and flakey crispy coating. I have to say this was one of the best pieces of pastry I've had... ever.



Here it is whole. Mary and Michelle bought two of these -- we each had 2 or 3 hunks and we have half of one left over.

Moving on to dinner... they also bought shrimp when they were out at one of the seafood stores and here Michelle is shelling shrimp for tonight's shrimp tacos.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

The apple ugie does look great!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so good. This looks like a place that you might return to. I feel like I want to go there....Stephanie