Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bunkered in Ohio

Another beautiful day -- really just bright and sunny and mild. This car has a sun roof that you can uncover (slide back a cover) and then the whole thing can be open sort of like a quasi-convertible or a limited convertible and I think I  can cross convertible off my list -- too noisy, too windy, too whooshy.

Stopped for lunch at a Taco Bell and there was a deer on the edge of the parking lot -- headed for the adult book store which was next door (really).

When I come here, I think I am so damn clever with this hotel. I have it down to a system. Whgen the reservation is made,  I request the same room which is right in from a side door. No one parks by this side door so I always get a space right in front -- I open the outside door and my room is like 5 steps from the outside door. I remember the room number because it's the same number as the main route number to my client's. It's like having my own private entrace. And they slide the bill under the door so I never even have to go back to the lobby.

I got the room I wanted, but I still have one little complaint (of course) and this is not just about this hotel. I imagine that the bulk of people want to accesss the Internet. RARELY are you told the username and password -- you'd think they'd either tell you when you check in or have it by the phone in the guest room or something, but I had to call the front desk for it.

Here I am until Friday.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Have a good trip.. We need to catch up!

Barbara said...

I'm glad you are having this beautiful fall weather for your drive!