Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Friend in Boulder

I have an old friend who lives in Boulder, Colorado, with his family. I don't know if you've seen on the news the terrible flooding they've had. I emailed him to see how they were faring, and here's his response:

Overall we are luckier than some. Had to dig some trenches in the backyard to divert water and our basement flooded so today is carpet rip up day. But so far that's the worst if it. 

Still soggy but ok. 

Thanks for asking. 
 
I know everyone feels the same, but my heart always goes out to people whose homes have been assaulted by natural disasters. Same thing with that boardwalk in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. The town just got the boardwalk on the beach back and in service after Hurricane Sandy, and Thursday there was a huge fire and the same businesses were destroyed for the second time. I just can't imagine what those folks are going through. So let's send out some good energy today to people going through bad times today. Hey, it can't hurt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Stephanie

Melissa said...

I'm with you here sister. I can't imagine either.... Very sad.