Monday, September 23, 2013

Western Pennsylvania for the Night

It was really a spectacularly beautiful day today -- and driving through New Jersey and Pennsylvania, the leaves are just beginning to turn in some amazing shades of red, gold, and orange. I wished I could have gotten a photo of this one area of wildflowers where there were two kinds -- like a golden rod that was a lush gold and then some purple flowers -- together they were an amazing combination.

I easily got a cab this morning, and while I was waiting for my car -- got upgraded to "superior" from full-size -- my friend at Dollar did that for me. I had told her (by way of earning my keep) that I always say good comments about her in the post-rental evaluation form I get. She said the company puts a lot of stake in those -- and then said that Hertz has acquired Dollar and so the Dollar people are afraid they are going to lose their jobs so she joked you can expect good customer service from Dollar people as the new owners are definitely watching.

Anyway, on with the show:

I make it a habit to stop at the Scenic Overlook at the Delaware Water Gap. Some day I'll have a picnic there.
Entering Pennsylvania

These bushes lined the road out of the scenic outlook -- really beautiful. I have no idea what they are. I believe they are green in the summer as I'd never noticed them before.

 

Despite the desk, I typically lie on the bed instead.

Big screen TV

The little card says you have your choice of pillows -- the ones in the back are firm and the ones in the front are soft. Actually there's not THAT much difference. I think I like firm mattresses and soft pillows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

??????? Are you going to OSHKOSH? Of course I need to know.

Stephanie

Pat said...

No, I'm going to my client in Ohio.