Sunday, November 10, 2013

Arrived Safe and Sound in Ohio

All is well, but of course I have one complaint. The drive was uneventful -- a few problems in the afternoon with sun glare -- is that worse this time of year?

I've stayed in this hotel probably 50 times -- I know this hotel... All told I spend nearly four weeks here during the year, work weeks.

In the past year or so, I have requested a specific room. I don't make the reservation, but my client does and I totally trust the man who makes it -- he does all of my client's trade show details, thousands of details, and he does it with ease.

He is well aware of my preference for this certain room. Some days when I check it, they cheerfully announce the room number "Miss Luebke, we have room 132 reserved for you..." and other days, it's like I am speaking Croatian to the clerk. I totally trust my client making the reservation so the person taking it doesn't care, is too dumb to write it down, pays lipservice to the request... and this annoys me beyond what it should.

Today I was crabby with the front desk clerk when my requested room wasn't available -- oh, and we make the reservation weeks in advance. I asked her, sincerely, "Are there some special words to use?" -- you know how sometimes a company will say, "Oh, you should have requested a 465 exemption..." so she said no, just make the request, and I said, "Well, that clearly doesn't work." So she said she'd put the request in "my record." We'll see.

Other than that, I'm fit as a fiddle.

No comments: