Saturday, November 9, 2013

First Night -- Clarion, Pennsylvania

This is actually two trips back to back -- two clients in Ohio and I'll be at both. Uneventful trip, other than lots of deer roadkill. I had a sort of sad moment this morning at the rental car place. The woman ahead of me was there with her young daughter and they went through the whole process and the her credit card was turned down. The clerk was being very discreet about it -- he turned the computer screen around and pointed it out to her. She did the usual, "oh, but that's impossible" -- but the thing is, and I've seen this before a number of times -- that if your car is going to cost $200 -- and you have $200 still in your credit limit, the rental card company will block like $400 to cover themselves. So he told her she could make a payment and then come back. She said to her little girl, "Come on" (to leave) and the kid looked confused.

I was then on my way, cloudy, sunny, cloudy, sunny -- I had one moment of panic over sun glare around 4:30 where I literally could not see past the front of the car. Luckily, it only lasted a minute or so, but it is scary.

I make a point of stopping at the scenic overlook at the Delaware Water Gap.

I don't know why, but I get a kick out of watching these kinds of family photos. All grinnibng.

Enteroing Pennsylvania

Stopped for lunch, and there was this chicken on the corner enticing people and I thought there are some really crummy jobs -- but this chicken was making the most of it, dancing, waving and I thought good for you! If you have to put on a stupid chicken outfit, you might as well own it , embrace the expererience and this person did.

Stopped at a rest area and took a nap for about 15 minutes. I really don't play around with heavy eyelids when I''m driving.

So tomorrow it's on to Ohio.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Go, chicken! Have a peaceful and productive trip among the changing leaves.