Thursday, February 13, 2014

Blackberries

I had a bowl of cereal tonight for dinner which became more appealing when I remembered I had bought these wonderful blackberries over the weekend. Each was like a little jewel, and looked as if it were the middle of the summer. The package said they were from Mexico, and I think for the first time, I thought about the person who picked these blackberries that I was enjoying so much. I was amazed at how gentle the picker and then the packer and shipper had to be to get these blackberries in such perfect shape to me.

In the meantime, it already looks as if snow is melting and that was made clearer with huge sheets of snow falling from the roofs and are really thunderous. Tonight we're supposed to have rain and then more snow in the early morning. I need more blackberries!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love blackberries!