Thursday, May 1, 2014

Nighttime in the Institution

Today was wound doctor day, and my one lone bedsore is down to 1.8 by 2.7 . That's centimeters, down from an alltime high of 5 by 7. I keep a list of drugs I'm taking and there are three of them, all for high blood pressure or so they tell me. Plus some others, plus some vitaminss. Plus some zinc sulphate which they tell me are for my electrolytes... whatever that means. My blood pressure was 110 over 70 this morning so I guess the stuff works.

Wben Chatty has no victims she can make their ears bleed with her ongoing prattle, she talks to herself, She's been on the phone for the past 30 minutes. In case you're thinking I should just ignore her... I am sitting on the edge of my bed, and I could lean over and touch her bed. That's how close she is.

She asked me earlier if I minded if she opened the curtain between our beds and I said, "Yes, I do. I want privacy." It's like feeding a stray animal. She knew me 30 seconds when she launched the story about her father's electrical wiring and I am discouraging future interaction.

It may be hard to believe, but the days go fast here. Karen is coming on Sunday. Phil is coming on Saturday. I am still longing for my egg drop soup.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a day! Geez... But again you manage to find some humor amongst the agony! I can see why the therapists are fighting over you :)!
Thank goodness for Phil !!
I wish I was close enough to come for a visit :(.
But with you in spirit!