Thursday, January 15, 2015

From my 7th grade social studies teacher


Two of my junior high teachers married each other, and we heard through the grapevine that the man died, and we (high school reunion list) was sent the woman's email address. So I wrote her to express my condolences and told her a bit of my life. Here is the first paragraph of her response. I really am stunned (and a little proud) that she remembered me.

Miss Young aka Mrs. Snyder wrote:

As soon as I saw your name I remembered what you looked like.  I also remember your intellectual curiosity which always makes a teacher happy.  It sounds like you had the best of everything in your career.  You got a chance to teach which is a great thing and your other career choices seemed to be very interesting and challenging.  The best thing is that you live in Manhatten!!  I never got a chance to do that which I regret.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This doesn't surprise me one bit! She is exactly right? The perfect description.... Intellectual curiosity! That's what it is that helps me learn so much from you!! I just never could put a name on it! That's it! Thank You!