Tuesday, January 20, 2015

San Francisco Beer Week

Ok, got another news release from a tavern (fancy) which is doing beer/dessert pairings. Here they are with my comments:

  • Mascarpone Ginger Tart, paired with Brown Ale
  • Pat says: I'm not sure what mascarpone tastes like, but this sounds OK. Am also iffy about whether I want beer with dessert.
  • Mini Bleu Cheese Cheesecake with candied bacon and a maple bourbon reduction paired with Double Bore IPA
  • I'm actually a blue, or rather bleu, cheese fan -- as salad dressing itself in a creamy base or crumpled with oil and vinegar. As my friends will attest, I am also a cheesecake fan... make that my #3 dessert, but my jury is out on bleu cheese cheesecake.
     
  • Spiced Poached Pears, paired with PaPa Juice Barleywine
  • It's rare to get a good pear, but when you do, there's nothing like it. I'd want to know the spices, but this one seems ok.
  • Beeramisu, paired with Calf-eine
  • I don't like tiramisu, so I think I'd likewise pass on beeramisu.
     
    Guess I'd go with the ginger tart.

    No comments: