Sunday, June 28, 2015

Telemarketer Hell

I have just received my third call from the New York City Department of Health wanting me to take a survey. The woman said I'd be paid $30... Hmmmm... how long does it take? And she said "35 minutes." Forget it.

Second call I said that I had already said no.
Now, with this third call, I said, "I've already said no twice to this." And she cops this attitude and says, "You don't even know why I am calling" and I said "Yes, I do. You're doing a survey and I'll get paid $30 and it takes 35 minutes."
She says something about how it could take as little as 20 minutes, but in a condescending way, and I said, "Hey, don't be snotty with me. I'd be the one doing you the favor if I said yes."
So she says, "This is a very important survey."  I ask what it's about. And she said "health practices and children."
I said, "I don't have any" and hung up.

You'd think if someone said no once, they'd take the name off the call list. You know, I might have really done this if she hadn't been so snotty but what went through my mind is that there could be some personal questions and I didn't feel like sharing personal info about myself with Miss Snotti VonAttitude.



PS an hour later: Picked up the phone to make a call and realized I had a message. Uh oh. Turns out it came in this morning when I was taking a shower... and it was the NYC Department of Health. They surely want my opinion. That makes four calls.

No comments: