Saturday, July 4, 2015

Still Another Scam

I've gotten this one a few times... and just got this now. Funny, but the person who supposedly sent these pleas are always someone I know and I also know they are way too clever and resourceful (not to mention better writers!) than to be stranded. In this case, the "sender" is an airline pilot so I know he could figure out something. These days it doesn't really make sense... you could go to your embassy, call your bank, do any number of things... I don't want to have to test this theory, but I also suspect the hotel would go out of its way to help you so they could get paid.

Here's the scam letter:

Sorry for any inconvenience, I'm in a terrible situation. Am stranded here in Manila, Philippines since last night. I was hurt and robbed on my way to the hotel I stayed and my luggage is still in custody of the hotel management pending when I make payment on outstanding bills I owe. Am waiting for my colleagues to send me money to get back home but they have not responded and my return flight will be leaving soon. Please let me know if you can help and I will refund the money back to you as soon as I get back home.
Please let me know if you can be of help
 
Sincerely,



No comments: