Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday in Schuykill County

You've heard, no doubt, of August in Osage County (the Broadway play) so here it is Monday is Schuykill County. For those not in the know, it's pronounced "sku-kul" with the accent on the first syllable.

Mary is up in Pennsylvania visiting Judy. The part Mary left out (the best part) is they lunched at Cracker Barrel where I put in a specific order for them to have country fried steak on my behalf. My order arrived too late, alas, because they had chicken and dumplings. I'd say that's a suitable substitution.

Mary writes:

Judy and I drove around on this beautiful day. She took me to see this Indian Cultural Center out in the country that draws people from New York and New Jersey. Pretty impressive even though my pictures aren't very good. We drove around Hawk Mountain where Fran and I are going soon.







No comments: