Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My Brush with Celebrity

I have long been a fan of Penn & Teller and have been watching their show called "Fool Us" where they challenge a magician to perform a trick and stump them with how the magician does it. Rarely can they stump Penn & Teller. Of course, P&T don't blurt out how the trick was done but sort of drop hints in the form of metaphors and code so that the magician realizes that they do, in fact, know how it was done.

I've seen four or five shows, four magicians per show, and one night they had a female magician and I realized I'd seen female pilots, doctors, every job imaginable and don't think twice about it, but I don't think I'd ever seen a female magician. So as I was watching last night, I was hoping they'd have another woman but no such luck.

So I tweeted Penn and asked if they would do an all-woman show some time...

and Penn actually responded... so if you know any female magicians, send them his way


https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https://twitter.com/pennjillette?cn=cmVwbHk%3D&refsrc=email&t=1&cn=cmVwbHk=&sig=8dc1809520fef482a64a651aaeeb4a88403d2a20&iid=09b6fc97d2e04185838630d51a44d224&uid=129628425&nid=27+1262
Penn Jillette
@pennjillette
Sep 21
@PLuebke We would LOVE more women - all women! Find them for 
us and get them to our producers.

No comments: