Thursday, November 26, 2015

Fran's Thanksgiving

Fran can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe David, her host, is someone she used to work with... so here goes...

Fran reports:

My friend David and our 20lb bird flying out of the oven. I didn't take pictures of the meal -- too busy eating the roasted root vegetable salad of beets, sweet potatoes and parsnips with special dressing, turkey dressing to die for (celery, leeks, onions, shallots, pears, fresh bread crumbs), made from scratch gravy, made from scratch mashed potatoes, made from scratch pumpkin pie and fresh whipped cream. Everything was made from scratch, except for the cranberry-orange relish. 
David and I started prep on Wednesday, and today we spent about five hours finishing up cooking/baking. It was grand.

Oh yes and neighbors later brought three pies --nutella pie, chocolate cream, pecan pie for a second dessert. The 2nd photo shows my end of the dessert table (David is at far right). Can you tell each of us has slipped into a food coma?





We gave thanks for abundant food and abundant friends. 




No comments: