Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Brunch with Lane

Lane is in town with her husband for a few days of NYC Christmas, and she came over this morning for brunch. First stop, though, was at Tal Bagels. That's the place with great food, marvelous bagels but they can sometimes be crabby. I asked Lane how she was treated and she said "Very well." In fact, I had told Lane I had coffee, I had cream cheese and I had juice, but I didn't have something she uses exclusively in her coffee: half & half.

In Tal Bagels, she said to the guy, "I have an odd request. I don't want coffee, but I do want some half & half and I'm willing to pay for it." Which she was. He said, "No problem, no charge" and gave her nearly a coffee cup's worth of cream... so much so that I urged her to take the rest back to her hotel (room had a refrigerator) so she could use it later.

We realized we hadn't seen each other since Oshkosh in 2014 so it's been a while, but it felt totally normal having her here and I said so. She said, "That's because we talk all the time." Which we do! A lot.

Here's my brunch girl:


No comments: