Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Even if I win...

I'm not above a splurge, but even if (I mean, when...) I hit the $400 million jackpot, I could not pay $100 for a doughnut. This is real, by a chef in NYC, supposedly selling by the dozens. Who are these people who want a $100 doughnut?

Here's how it is described in the article I read -- yeah, I admit, I had to click on an article about a $100 doughnut:

On Instagram, DelaCruz described the doughnut as being “adorned with icing made with Cristal champagne and filled with an ube mousse, champagne jelly, and covered with 24k gold.” Ube, a purple yam, is a popular ingredient in the Philippines. Gold, we can only assume, isn't.

I'll stick to Dunkin!




2 comments:

Mary said...

Why would you want to eat gold

Fran said...

I'd rather wear it than eat it;-) i would bet folks who buy $100 donuts are likely doing so just to say they ate gold. But truly, gold is used as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. A friend's sister in law with severe RA was helped with gold therapy. Also, silver is used to treat certain sinus problems.