Monday, March 14, 2016

Almost Home

Two hours from NYC so I am asking the universe for an uneventful trip home in the morning. Marilyn is meeting me at 12 noon and she'll take my luggage in and we'll go through all the mail, unpack, start laundry etc.

This morning was a bit scary. It was so foggy that you could only see about 10 car lengths in front of you. I don't remember the last time I drove in such fog. But as the morning went on, it got better... but it was totally overcast and misty all day... the sort of rain where you don't need the wipers even on intermittent but you do need them. I'd have them on intermittent and then realize there was no misty rain and turn them off and then of course I'd enter another mist zone.

On the entire drive there and back, I was looking for a Culver's, but no such luck. Some of the women I worked with this week are from Oshkosh where there are multi-Culver's and they told me Culver's started in Wisconsin. So I did stop at a Dairy Queen as a consolation prize and got a Butterfinger Blizzard. Not as good as Culver's, but I enjoyed it.

I've been gone more than a week and it will be good to be home!

No comments: