Sunday, March 6, 2016

On the Road Again

I was off like a herd of turtles, like my mother used to say, and I was a bit disappointed. I was glad to be on new highways other than the NJ Turnpike and Route 80, but the scenery today was hum drum. I know it's a boring time of year, no snowy vistas (thank God) and no green or wildflowers out yet. Really saw no signs of spring. Nothing woth photographing.

So I'm taking the trip very slowly. All day (about 7 hours of driving) I listened to an audio book of "Rhett Butler's People." This is the official addition to Gone with The Wind, or rather the authorized sequel, to GWTW and it tells the story (including the backstory) from Rhett's point of view. It definitely held my attention... it's unabridged so I think I got through 6 CDs with 8 more to go. We're about to leave Atlanta where Rhett helps Scarlet get back to Tara.

Tomorrow: Tennessee.

Oh, I did have that childlike cheap thrill of going through a bunch of states today: NY, NY, PA, MD, WV, and Viriginia.

No comments: