Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What I'm (about to start) Reading

Two weeks ago I was talking to Lane who was about to fly to Thailand. I asked her if she had good reading material for the flight and she mentioned she had a new Fannie Flagg book and how much she loves her writing. That surprised me... so I asked her which of her books she likes the best and she told me the one below. I went to Amazon and bought it for a penny... and it arrived while I was gone and I was sort of sad to see I got an autographed copy for a penny... so I'll plunge in and start my Fannie jounrey.



Amazon says:

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! is the funny, serious, and compelling new novel by Fannie Flagg, author of the beloved Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe (and prize-winning co-writer of the classic movie).

Once again, Flagg's humor and respect and affection for her characters shine forth. Many inhabit small-town or suburban America. But this time, her heroine is urban: a brainy, beautiful, and ambitious rising star of 1970s television. Dena Nordstrom, pride of the network, is a woman whose future is full of promise, her present rich with complications, and her past marked by mystery.

No comments: