Thursday, May 19, 2016

What I'm Reading

I gave up on my Civil War women in Washington DC book by Cokie Roberts when I came to the conlcusion I was just reading and not enjoying it. The problem, as I diagnose it, is that the part about the actual women is very interesting, but in order to put them in context she goes into these long, not very interesting American Hisotry 101 explanations and she's really not good at that.

So I needed some trash reading... and found this on Amazon for one cent plus shipping.


Note that this is the author who wrote The First Wive's Club which I read years ago (but still love the movie.) It's about five people all working on their manuscripts trying to have a bestseller in the dog-eat-dog world of NY book publishing. Each chapter advances one of these author's storyline.

So yes, it's fun and interesting and trashy and I'm enjoying it -- am on about page 100.

1 comment:

Amy Laboda said...

You know sometimes it is just therapy to read for fun. If I ever manage my novel, I promise fun reading.