Monday, December 5, 2016

The Difference Between Mary and Me

Both of us had lunch guests on Saturday. Mary cooked... here's her report and accompanying photo:

Lunch was Moroccan vegetable soup over couscous.  It was really good - lots of spice (cinnamon, cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt and pepper). We ate all the dessert (well I finished off the last spoonful a few minutes ago) which was so easy and good, apple and blueberry crisp. The house smelled so good!




And how did I prepare lunch for my guest? I typed delivery.com into my browser... my guest was a friend who goes back to kindergarten days and we always have a good time together. She is one of those people who keeps up with everyone, contacts people on Facebook so she has all the gossip and updates. I see her about 2 or 3 times a year and it's always like no time has passed. She has a great memory for detail so we had lots to talk about.

She walked to my place from Penn Station (Yeah, I know) and passed the Rockefeller Center tree which she said was a disappointment this year. She thought it was "scraggly" and later sent me this:

No comments: