Monday, April 3, 2017

What I'm Reading

First a confession: I have a crush on a dead man... Bennett Cerf, the co-founder of Random House who died in 1971. I have recently come to admire him when I discovered this obscure cable channel called Buzzr (no e) that plays old game shows from the 50s-80s. I love What's My Line? since I remember watching it only on Sundays where there was no school the next day as it was on at 10:30. I always remember how sophisticated the panelists were and sometimes they'd come in evening wear and tuxedos since they'd been to the theater. And the moderator calls the panelists Miss and Mr. and it's so old-fahsioned and so dull that it's entertaining.

Anyway, I have a crush on Bennett so I went to Amazon to search for his autobiography that I was able to get for a few dollars and have started reading and enjoying it.


Isn't my crush a handsome guy? And he's so witty and clever and urbane.

No comments: