Sunday, May 14, 2017

Catching up

So I haven't been posting much for no particular reason. I think I'm caught in a "nothing much happening" time and there really isn't. Spring really hasn't come; still wearing winter type clothes and haven't done anything with my garden.

However this coming week it's supposed to get warm. I contacted a gardener via Craigslist and he actually responded so he'll be coming to check things out and do the work.

Yesterday Nancy came over for lunch and she stopped at Tal Bagels. We each had smoked turkey and swiss (with mayo!) -- hers on a sesame bagel and mine on an everything bagel and we both commented that there is nothing like a great sandwich. The bagels were super fresh, the meat was shaved thin and good cheese... can't beat it.  And of course we talked non-stop and later I was thinking that one of the qualities all my friends have is good conversationalists and I don't appreciate that really until I'm with someone with no opinions, no insights and no gift of the gab.

Let's see... what else? My 50th high school reunion (YIKES!) is held next month and one of the projects I'm involved in is classmates writing essays about their grandparents. Such interesting stories from very wealthy grandparents and constantly-cooking Italian grandma to the storybook perfect grandparents to the alcoholic dysfunctional nasty grandmother. I am formatting the stories and doing very light copyediting. I really enjoy reading all of them, and enjoyed writing my own.

So I'll try to be more faithful in posting... we'll see.

No comments: