Saturday, May 20, 2017

Is this now normal?

This happens to me way too often it seems so I'm wondering maybe this is the norm these days. I contacted a gardener to come do winter clean up and plant in my garden. Contacted him last weekend and he responded... told me he was too busy all week to come, but he could come on Saturday. Fine... we selected a time of between 1 and 2 pm today... and, of course, he was a no-show. No word from him.

I haven't yet decided if I contact him and give him another chance... such a tough call. I remember complaining once about a handyman and my friend said, "Well, at least you got someone to show up." I don't get why they advertise if they don't really want the business.

Right now, I'm leaning toward not contact him and moving on with someone else. I had the same woman two years in a row who I liked, but last year, she did 1/2 of the job and then disappeared... radio silence for 3-4 weeks... finally I emailed her and said I was going to contact my credit card company to dispute the charge and she contacted me with some sob story that I don't even remember... no, it wasn't like someone died... just hectic this and crazy that... so she came to finish the job and claimed she gave me "extra" because of her screw up but I didn't want to go through that again.

Sigh, sigh, sigh... ok, I know this is a First World Problem that my gardener didn't show up, but still...

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I would consider giving the person another chance. They might be a jerk, but there could also be a legitimate reason. Today's "gig life" can't be easy. I remember trying to interview a cat sitter: Appointment A, she didn't call back, Appointment B, she didn't show up, and she didn't call to give an excuse or apologize. But I sought her out and gave her another chance, and for the last 15 years, she has been reliable, trustworthy, and wonderful. Even though she still is a scattered person with a very complicated life.

Gran Prix Mallorca said...

This is a great poost thanks