Monday, September 18, 2017

My Strange Problem

Foir the past three or four months, I've been receiving an invoice from Perricone (make up/skin care) addressed to James B. Smith and my address. The first three or four, I sent back marked "not at this address" and "return to sender" with no result. The invoices kept coming. Oh, I know they are invoices as I finally opened one. I decided to stop wasting my time and started shredding them instead of returning them.

So today, the plot thickens. I get this envelope from London (England) addressed to him and I opened it. It is a magazine called "Trans Life" for transgender people. What's odd is that this magazine was airmailed so it seems like something someone paid for. Ana was here so I paged through the magazine for literally five seconds and out it went. It did occur to me to cut the label and return it, but frankly I resented having to pay anything toward this.

I asked a friend if he thought this could in any way be a scam and he didn't think so. Meanwhile my friend has recently been plagued by fake IRS calls telling him he's in big trouble.

Any thoughts? The only thing I can come up with is to alert the post office to not deliver James B Smith mail to me. I don't know how successful that request will be.

16 comments:

Mary said...

I would put the mail out for the letter carrier to pick up. If they keep getting them, maybe they'll stop delivering. Of course, if someone with that name were visiting you, the mail would probably have been sent back because he didn't live there.

Barbara said...

It sounds more like a mistake than a scam. Could it be for someone who lives in another apartment in your building? If not, I would do what Mary said, just keep writing "not at this address" on them and leave it for the letter carrier to take back. That is, in effect, informing the Post office. Definitely don't spend time or money on this!

qamonta said...

thanks for sharing this blog post with your visitors

buy instagram followers

buy instagram followers said...

Buy quality, cheap and active instagram followers. The world's most trusted official instagram followers sales service. 24/7 live support team is always with you.

Millie said...

buysocialmediamarketing.com is a great platform to do buy Instagram followers easy and quick.

jasonroy78 said...

I found this post really solid one. It seems like you've put a lot of thought into this and come with a viable idea. Thanks for sharing your views.

jamesgill88 said...

really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!. https://bit.ly/2ScwRVg

Dukhabandhu Tudu said...


Awesome opportunity for all of you . If you want to get this and your other creations promoted then https://www.ytviews.in/ and you will be amazed to see how quickly your work gets advertised with full support and assistance

jamesgill88 said...

I feel extremely cheerful to have seen your site page. I found the post beautiful and fascinating one. I am really extremely glad to visit your blog. Thanks for sharing your views. https://bit.ly/2v9gBuC

saurabh shigwan said...


Trying hard to create the best content but still not getting enough view? need some help Then visit https://ytbuyviews.com/ here for youtube marketing, youtube viewership boost and for likes.This is the world's best portal for youtube marketing and promotions. If yu have any doubt do visit the site and check for yourself.

Mert said...

Web Site
Disqus
Instapaper

Emma King said...

Buy 200 Real Instagram Story Views
Buy Real Time YouTube Video Views
Buy Real Instagram IGTV Comments


buy Real Twitter followers
Vimeo
SoundCoud Followers
Periscope
SoundClud Plays

Buy YouTube Views said...

Very nice content posted by the author. I appreciate your effort to share this kind of useful information. buy YouTube Views

Safi said...

Appreciate it! A good amount of content! Nware Aurora

Aliza sultan said...

Nware Aurora 2019 thanks

SAndy said...

Your Instagram growth advice is practical. What's your opinion on services like SK Followers Pro for purchasing genuine video views?